Educating Photographers, One Pixel at a Time™
Photography Guides by Jason P. Odell, Ph.D.
Since 2006, Jason P. Odell has been publishing interactive eBooks and videos designed for the photography enthusiast wishing to go beyond the basics. Master your vision for photographic excellence with Jason’s easy to understand, printable PDF guides and comprehensive video workshops to learn Adobe Lightroom & Photoshop, and creative fine-art photography techniques including long exposures, and night photography.
- Luminescent Painterly Texture Pack (20 high-res texture overlays)
- Authentic Paint™ Abstract Painterly Texture Pack (25 high-res texture overlays
- Photoshop Panel Effects Pack (20 templates with PDF & video tutorials)
Master image processing and workflow with Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop
- Photoshop Panel Effects Packs
- Authentic Paint™ Abstract Painterly Texture Overlays
- Luminescent Painterly Texture Overlays
Master the professional plug-ins from the Nik Collection by Google, including HDR Efex Pro, Color Efex Pro, and Silver Efex Pro.
General Photography Guides
These guides are for every photo enthusiast interested in mastering the craft of creative fine-art photography.
- Long Exposure Photography Guide (PDF)
- The Art of Cloud-Stacking (video)
- The Night Sky Photography Handbook (PDF)
- The Photographer’s Guide to Digital Landscapes (PDF)
- Digital Infrared Processing with Lightroom & Photoshop (video)
- Field Notes: A Photographic Journey (PDF)
Nikon Software and Camera Guides
Nikon Capture NX2
- The Photographer’s Guide to Capture NX2 (PDF)
- Black & White with Capture NX2 (PDF)
- Sharpening Techniques for Capture NX2 (QuickTime Video)
- Mastering Capture NX2 (QuickTime Video Set)
Nikon 1 Camera Guides
- Interactive PDF documents require Adobe Reader 7 or later
- Videos require QuickTime Player 7 or later, or players compatible with QuickTime (.mov) format, such as VLC Player