Master Class in Tucson, AZ Feb 23-26, 2023
Join me and Rick Walker in Tucson, Arizona for an infrared photography master class that goes far beyond the basics and teaches you the skills to truly master infrared processing. This workshop includes field photography sessions in the Tucson area, where we will photograph subjects that are ideal for infrared capture, plus in-depth classroom time to learn how to work with digital infrared images.
Rick and I have spent the last year developing a unique processing workflow for infrared digital images using only Adobe Lightroom Classic and, to a lesser extent, Adobe Photoshop. In this class, you’ll learn our secrets for processing raw infrared images exclusively in Lightroom/ACR, including channel-swapping and color infrared.
What You’ll Learn
- How to set up ACR/Lightroom with a custom camera preset for your own infrared converted camera
- How to adjust white balance on digital infrared images using ACR/Lightroom Classic
- How to adjust infrared images from cameras with different spectra (590-720nm)
- How to correct hot-spots in infrared images
- How to perform channel-swapping directly in ACR/Lr
- How to create the “blue-sky” effect on raw digital infrared images directly in ACR/Lr
- How to create dramatic monochrome infrared images in Lightroom and using Silver Efex Pro (Nik Collection by DXO).
- How to fix common artifacts including banding and noise
- How to create unique creative infrared styles using plug-in software
- Field and classroom instruction with a student-teacher ratio not to exceed 5:1
- Custom camera profile for processing infrared images in ACR/Lr that is specific to your personal camera that includes our unique channel-swapping settings
- Custom ACR/Lr presets
- Custom Photoshop actions
- Infrared-converted digital camera (We recommend a converted camera from LifePixel or Kolari Vision)
- Laptop computer
- Current (2022 or later) versions of Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom Classic installed
- Nik Collection plug-ins by DXO (you can use a trial version if desired)
- You are expected to have a fundamental understanding of editing raw photos in ACR/Lightroom Classic and Adobe Photoshop.
Register by Nov. 1, 2022 and save $100 off your instructional fee.