Setting up the Nikon D850
Woot! My UPS guy just dropped off my brand-new Nikon D850 DSLR. With 45.7 megapixels and 7fps continuous shooting (9 fps with the optional MB-D18 battery grip), this is one killer DSLR. Let’s unbox this Nikon masterpiece and get it set up! Check out my Nikon D850 unboxing video after the jump…
Watch: Nikon D850 Unboxing
Tips for setting up your Nikon D850
- Charge the battery (You can use the new EN-EL15a or the previous EN-EL15). I don’t recommend 3rd-party batteries.
- Set the Time Zone, Date, and Time, along with DST (daylight savings time)
- In the Playback menu, set “Rotate Tall” to “off” to show vertical images full-screen.
- Use Custom Menu f1 to customize the buttons on the Nikon D850
- Be sure to format your memory card before shooting.
- Make sure the camera is powered off before attaching/removing a lens or flash unit.
Got a question about the Nikon D850? Ask me here