I’m pleased to announce the immediate release of my latest book, The Photographer’s Guide to HDR Efex Pro 2. I have completely re-written my original guide to cover the latest version of Nik Software’s amazing HDR tone-mapping plug-in. In this printable PDF guide, I’ll cover everything inside HDR Efex Pro 2 so that you’ll learn how to create amazing HDR images quickly and easily. You also get 40 custom HDR tone-mapping presets that are compatible with HDR Efex Pro 2.0. This book is over 200 pages of reference material and fine-art creative instruction that will set you on your way to making unique HDR images.
- Camera settings for perfect HDR exposure sequences
- Post-processing RAW files for HDR
- How to launch HDR Efex Pro 2 from Lightroom, Aperture, Photoshop, and as a stand-alone program
- Alignment and ghost-reduction tools
- HDR Method controls and image adjustment tools
- Control Points and selective adjustments
- Finishing effects and the new Graduated Neutral Density tool
- Working with presets
- Realistic HDR Settings
- Hyper-Realistic HDR Settings
- Artistic HDR Settings including grunge, bleach color, and old film styles
- Monochrome HDR Settings, including selective black & white
- Advanced creative techniques with Photoshop
Over 20 step by-step examples of HDR tone-mapping
In this book, I’ll walk you through the creation of more than 20 examples of HDR image processing, covering a wide range of natural and artistic styles. Each example includes step by-step screenshots to show you the exact settings I used to make each image. I’ll also show you advanced techniques with Photoshop layers for creating even more interesting creative images. Along with my examples, I give you 40 of my custom preset files that you can load into your copy of HDR Efex Pro 2 to get you started making HDR images.
The Photographer’s Guide to HDR Efex Pro 2 is available here.
Ebook viewing System Requirements
Mac or PC with Adobe Reader 7.0 or later
iPad with iBooks or GoodReader*
eReader or tablet with PDF reader software*
The Photographer’s Guide to HDR Efex Pro 2 is delivered via download in ZIP archive format. Because this product includes supplemental files, it is not possible to download the book directly to a tablet. Download the ZIP archive to your computer, and then transfer the book PDF file to your iPad or reader tablet via the sync utility (iPad users can use iTunes).